Program Overview Brochure
Vehicle Failed Brochure
OBD Testing Brochure
Test Center Signs
Emissions Testing Bill of Rights
- Sale of Service or Goods: You have no obligation to purchase any goods or services from an emissions test center as a condition of receiving an emissions test.
- You Choose Where to Have Your Vehicle Repaired: You do not need to have your vehicle repaired where it was tested. You may obtain emissions repairs from any service center or repair the vehicle yourself. However, if you are applying for a cost waiver following a retest failure, you must use a Certified Emissions Repair Facility for qualifying emissions-related repairs. A list of certified facilities and additional information detailing what to do if your vehicle fails its emission test can be found at ctemissions.com.
- Vehicle Inspection Report (VIR): When your emissions test is complete, you will receive a Vehicle Inspection Report. If your vehicle fails its test, you will receive an emissions repair form and a list of Certified Emissions Repair Facilities. It is recommended that you obtain and review a repair estimate before authorizing any repairs.
- Retests: If your vehicle fails its initial test, your vehicle is entitled to one (1) free retest per test cycle. If your vehicle is eligible, you may request the free retest at any emissions test center within sixty (60) consecutive calendar days of the initial test.
- Cost Waiver: The repair expense limits are based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and may vary annually. Detailed information regarding waivers can be found at ctemissions.com.
- Emissions Testing Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Some stations may offer extended testing hours at their own discretion; please contact your station for more information.
- Motorist Test Fee: $20.00 (no sales tax)
- Drive-up or Appointment: You may drive up to any test center you choose. Some test centers offer testing by appointment.
- Prompt Testing: Every effort is made to complete your test promptly. However, occasional delays may occur.
- Questions? If you have any questions or comments, please contact the toll-free emissions test hotline at (877) 469-2884 or visit ctemissions.com.